Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Out with the old!





This was just after I'd stipped out all the old furniture!
I think these may actually have been the pictures I used on eBay to try to sell her! Strangely, I don't have any showing the house in it's former "antique" glory...I wonder why?

& more pictures... of the house before & after its 8 week long journey to Australia. It was the only item we brought over that suffered any damage, well apart from totally losing a box of Christmas decorations & being asked by Border Control if we wanted to have a fake Orchid plant destroyed or pay nearly $200 to have it 'made safe' (it contained dried spagnum moss & we chose to have it incinerated)

I have a friend that moved to Australia around the same time as us, who 'lost' an imitation Christmas tree along route & we've wondered together over a coffee or two if my dec’s are adorning her tree somewhere - I do hope so!

The make-shift joints, where I added the extra floor section had been done very badly (by me) in the first place and as a result the two half doors had come away from each other. I’m happy to report that these have now been fixed with dowels drilled into each of the half doors (top & bottom) together with some pretty strong Tarzan’s Grip (Australian adhesive) Oh, and a very kind Son that took pity on me & drilled the miniscule holes for the dowels.


No comments:

Post a Comment